Tuesday, April 12, 2016

How long will I cry?

How long will I cry is about short stories of youth violence. For example one of the stories talked about how this girl named Kim grew up around bad things. Her parents were drug addicts so in her teen years she joined a gang and eventually got pregnant. In the end she ended up being a single mother working for other gang members by selling drugs. A valuable lesson that she learned was to think before you make your decisions. 

I think this book has a lot memory moments; the whole book is about people talking about their past. For example in the book it said, "I remember it like it was yesterday. The sound of the gunshot still lingers in my head." This short story was about the day the guy almost got shot due to gang relations. Not all of the short stories are related to gangs; in one story it said, "My father put a knife to my mothers throat, and man, I thought it was over." This also shows how different characters remember their past; partially why they're telling it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment