Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Flat Broke : Invisible Lines

While reading "Flat Broke", I have noticed various similarities between this book and "Invisible Lines". One thing that really stood out to me is that both of them talked about making money in some way. In flat broke, the main character Kevin, try's to find different ways to make money to take his crush to the dance; he stated, "Girls love flowers right? Well I need money to buy them." In the book invisible lines, he tries to make money to support his family; he stated, "I was making 50 cents every shoe I did graffiti on. In no time I'll have enough to buy soccer shoes." Some differences about the two books is that in flat broke, he makes money to impress someone; and in invisible lines, he makes money to support his family. I don't know too much background information about Kevin, but he doesn't seem like it's very important to have or get the money he wants. However in invisible lines, trevor needs to make money because his family lives in poverty and he wants to help his mom that has to work in unsafe conditions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment